Join our Journey!
We are now almost a year in - and sadly a few of our team are heading back to the homeland, so we are looking for new staff!
Do you love the Nordic lifestyle, and have a passion for Nordic design, food and fika culture?
Blåbär are looking for enthusiastic team players to join our new and exciting Nordic café and design store in Putney, South West London. We are looking for part time staff (up to 15 hours per week).
Blåbär, featured in Elle Decoration UK, is bringing new Nordic culture to South West London, selling unique homeware and accessories from up and coming designers, vintage furniture and our own branded products all in a café environment serving great coffee, open sandwiches and fika.
We need entrepreneurial and self-motivated people who want to embark on this adventure with us. This is a great opportunity to learn and grow with a start-up, to test new ideas and be given responsibility. You will need to work hard and the job involves food preparation, serving coffee and customer facing sales. As it is a small company we need enthusiastic and flexible all rounder’s who are happy to jump in where needed. We are open both weekdays and weekends, so there will be early mornings and long days (opening hours are Monday to Saturday 8 – 18 and 9 – 17 on Sundays). Weekend work is essential to the job, so please only apply if you are able to work one or both days.
- Barista experience
- Ability to work in a fast paced environment
- Ideally has worked with food preparation, or in a café environment
- Sales and/or front of house experience is a bonus
- Willing to deliver outstanding service and products and go the extra mile
- Knowledge and/or interest in Nordic culture
- Passionate about design and has a creative mind
- Has an appreciation and interest in good, healthy food
- Personable, and loves interacting with people
- Professional and reliable
- Has a sense of ownership
- Must be able to communicate in English, and a Nordic language is a bonus
- Commuting distance from Putney
- Greeting every customer with a smile
- Barista service, and front of house responsibilities (incl. cleaning up, dishes, serving customers)
- Food preparation
- Learning the products and brands, and giving sales advise to customers
- Effectively, safely and responsibly take sole charge when training period is over
- Opportunity to grow with the business
- Staff discounts
- Meals on duty
- Food & Hygiene training (level 2)
- A fun working environment
If you want to join the Blåbär adventure, please email your CV along with a paragraph on why you think you are right for us. firstname.lastname@example.org