Cafe & Store Manager
About the role
Blåbär Nordic Living is looking for a Café & Store Manager to join our wonderful team. The main responsibility of the manager is to make sure that the shop & cafe are run effectively day-to-day.
It includes both front-end responsibilities of serving customers, making coffees and being the face of Blåbär, as well as back-end responsibilities such as organising the staff rota, stock ordering, control & management, fulfilling online orders and general customer service.
The role is very varied and one day will not be the same as another. You will work alongside Sandra, the owner, on developing the cafe menu, deciding on the range of design brands & products in store, and we go on an annual buying trip to Scandinavia. The team is small, and really like a family who is very social meeting for regular after work drinks, and we celebrate the scandi holidays together (midsummer, eurovision, lucia etc.)
The role is full time, of around 40 hours per week, and will involve working one day at the weekend. Our opening hours are 9-5 so there will be no late nights or super early mornings.
We are looking for someone with a positive can-do attitude, not afraid to roll up your sleeves and get involved. This is a great opportunity to learn and grow with a smaller company, to test new ideas and be given responsibility.
Ideally you should have previous experience in a similar environment or role, and have some barista experience, but we will provide full training so it is not strictly necessary.
It is most important that you have transferable skills - leadership, communication and organisational. You should be able to work flexibly, are driven by a positive approach and always puts the customer first.
- Barista experience preferable
- Ability to work in a fast paced environment
- Ideally has worked with food preparation, or in a café environment
- Sales and/or front of house experience is a bonus
- Willing to deliver outstanding service and products and go the extra mile
- Knowledge and/or interest in Nordic culture
- Passionate about design and has a creative mind
- Personable, and loves interacting with people
- Professional and reliable
- Has a sense of ownership
- Must be able to communicate in English, and a Nordic language is a bonus
- Commuting distance from Putney
Blåbär is a Nordic café, design store & deli in Putney, South West London. Our aim is to encourage people to ‘live a life more Nordic’ and to give them a complete experience of being in Scandinavia when they step through the door. Our café serves great coffee, fika & food; our shop showcases homeware, gifts & accessories from new Nordic designers; and our deli has a range of Scandi treats – all in a contemporary inviting space.
Monday – Sunday 9.00am – 5.00pm
What we offer:
- An opportunity to have an input and to shape Blåbärs future
- An enjoyable and open working environment and to be part of a friendly and passionate team
- Company pension scheme
- Discount in the Blåbär cafe and shop
- Free food & drink when on shift
Salary: £28,000 - £29,000
To be considered please submit a CV and a cover letter telling us a little about yourself and your past experience to Sandra at email@example.com
Please be aware you must have the right to remain and work in the UK.