Article: Vacancy - Cafe all rounder and Sales assistant
Vacancy - Cafe all rounder and Sales assistant
About the role
Blåbär is looking for full and / or part-time people to join our team. The roles are varied and includes serving customers coffee & fika, food preparation, advising customers on sales and general all-round café work.
The ideal candidates will have previous café & barista experience, be able to work calmly and wont stress easily with a focus on customer service. You will be working with a small and friendly team of mostly Scandis!
A typical week would see 2-3 shifts for a part timer, and 4-5 for a full timer. One shift will be at the weekend, but there is flexibility as to which days you work if you have other commitments too, such as studies.
We are looking for someone with a positive can-do attitude, not afraid to roll up your sleeves and get involved. This is a great opportunity to learn and grow with a smaller company, to test new ideas and be given responsibility.
Ideally you should have previous experience in a similar environment or role, and have some barista experience, but we will provide full training so it is not strictly necessary.
It is most important that you have transferable skills - leadership, communication and organisational. You should be able to work flexibly, are driven by a positive approach and always puts the customer first.
- Barista experience preferable
- Ability to work in a fast paced environment
- Ideally has worked with food preparation, or in a café environment
- Sales and/or front of house experience is a bonus
- Willing to deliver outstanding service and products and go the extra mile
- Knowledge and/or interest in Nordic culture
- Passionate about design and has a creative mind
- Personable, and loves interacting with people
- Professional and reliable
- Has a sense of ownership
- Must be able to communicate in English, and a Nordic language is a bonus
- Commuting distance from Putney
Blåbär is a Nordic café, design store & deli in Putney, South West London. Our aim is to encourage people to ‘live a life more Nordic’ and to give them a complete experience of being in Scandinavia when they step through the door. Our café serves great coffee, fika & food; our shop showcases homeware, gifts & accessories from new Nordic designers; and our deli has a range of Scandi treats – all in a contemporary inviting space.
Monday – Sunday 9.00am – 5.00pm
What we offer:
- An opportunity to have an input and to shape Blåbärs future
- An enjoyable and open working environment and to be part of a friendly and passionate team
- Company pension scheme
- Discount in the Blåbär cafe and shop
- Free food & drink when on shift
Pay - £12 - £13 an hour